Saturday, August 10, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop- Day 1

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Welcome to the 2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop. Today is Day 1.  For the next 10 days the Artisan Finalists will be sharing the entries that we each submitted for the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team contest.  The blog hop is filled with lots of amazing projects and inspiration so please be sure to join us every day for the next 10 days to see our amazing creations.  You won't wanna miss it!  
You can navigate through the blog hop by clicking the "next" or "back" buttons at the bottom of this post.  Wanna take the whole tour?  Just click the "next" button at the bottom of this post and continue around until you get back to me.  It's as simple as that!

The first project that I want to share is my favorite card.  I love everything about it!  It has a lot of different elements and was a lot of fun to create!  I had been working on sewing one of my other Artisan entries when this idea popped into my head.  I had to quit working on the other project and make this card so I wouldn't lose the idea!

The card base is a spool shape stamped with the Woodgrain stamp.  I then wrapped the card front with 5/8" Crochet Trim Victoria ribbon. The measuring tape at the bottom is from the Fan Fair DSP.  I cut a 12" in length strip and rolled it up tightly so that it would spool.  I left the other side open so it would look like a measuring tape being used.  I added a button card with 6 Vintage Faceted Designer buttons for embellishments.  My grandma always had button cards lying around as she sewed a lot.  That's where the inspiration for my "button card" came from. The dress was created by layering 2 cut outs from the Dress Up framelits.  One in Early Espresso and the other from the First Edition Specialty DSP.  I sponged the First Edition one to make it look vintage.  The dress embellishments are from the Pop-Up Posies kit and the bow is 5/8" Crochet Trim Victoria ribbon.
The side view shows the measuring tape the best.  I love all the dimension on this card.  These pictures surely don't do it justice!  It's much prettier in person!  
For the inside of the card- I created a small note panel, added the dress form and stamped the sentiment.  I wanted to keep it simple yet leave enough room for a message to be written.
Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my card!  Be sure to continue around the rest of the hop and see what the other finalists have to share!  There is a TON of inspiration- you won't be disappointed!


Cathy Casey
Dara Gloden

17 comments:

  1. WOWZA! I love this card. Your details are stunning. The Crochet Ribbon wrapped around the spool is pure brilliance. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic! Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, down to the inside; adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love this card! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome Dani! It's still SO exciting that you are a finalist. I love this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spool shaped card and all of the details you added...inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How AMAZINGLY-CLEVER is THIS??? I love being able to look at it so closely and read all of description ... BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Dani!! You did such a good job on this I really do like it. all the detail makes it so elegant and stunning thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card! Love the spool and all the sewing details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Live how you made the dress. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card ! Shaped cards ate my favorite and the details are amazing !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love shaped cards, and this one is so clever! Love all of the details, and the inside is amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy moly! This is gorgeous! I love the measuring tape you made on this. Genius! I really love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Dani - I wanna make this card...right now....! love, love, love it! You had me at the dress form and the spool? swoon-a-rama! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME card! WOW is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous...see why you wanted to get it done before you forgot the idea!!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete