Sunday, February 22, 2015

Monday Montage #38






        Hello there and welcome back for the bi-weekly Monday Montage blog hop.  Did you arrive from the fabulous Cathy Casey's blog?  If not- be sure to follow the hop all the way around to see what beauty she has created today!

My project for tonight is a card that was created using the Butterfly Basics stamp set and a sentiment from the Six Sided Sampler stamp set.  To create the background- I used a piece of  Water Color paper that was colored with Pool Party and Pink Pirouette ink.  I then randomly stamped the honeycomb image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in Crumb Cake ink.
Are you wondering how I created the words in the background?  It was simple!  After the Water Color card stock had dried- I used the Dots decorative mask as a stencil and stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Basics stamp set directly onto the mask.  Voila!  The image below is what I got!

The bottom left  and top right portions of the card were slightly covered with modeling paste.  It's kinda hard to see from the picture but in the left hand corner- I stamped the leafy image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set directly into the wet modeling paste.  If you decide to try this for yourself- be sure to wash your stamp immediately to prevent any modeling paste from drying on your stamp.   After the modeling paste was dry- I used a sponge dauber to add some Wild Wasabi for greenery.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you will continue around the hop by clicking the NEXT button to see what the amazing Dara Gloden has to share with you tonight.  I'm sure it's gorgeous!

Ingredients:
Card Stock:   Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Water Color paper
DSP:  Typeset Specialty
Stamp Sets:  Butterfly Basics, Six Sided Sampler
Inks:  Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
Tools/other supplies: Stampin' Trimmer, Big Shot, Butterfly Thinlits,  Pearl Basic Jewels, Calypso Coral Seam Binding Ribbon, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Coastal Cabana Blendabilities, Calypso Coral Blendabilities, Dots & Stripes Decorative Masks, Sponge Dauber  modeling paste









3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love that modeling paste technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I love the grunge look and the way you stamped the words with the stencil!

    ReplyDelete