Thursday, May 10, 2018

OSAT- On The Red Carpet

Hey there stampers! Welcome back for another fabulous One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop!  This month our theme is On The Red Carpet.  We are featuring projects that were created using brand new products from the 2018-2019 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog.  

I'm featuring the Tranquil Textures suite.  This suite contains a stamp set called Sea of Textures, Under the Sea Framelits, Tranquil Textures Cardstock pack, Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper, and Tranquil Textures Sprinkles.  

Wozers!  Where do I begin?  To say this suite is amazing is a total understatement.  I can't even find the right words to use to describe how awesome this suite actually is.  If you love texture- it's got plenty!  Do you love bold bright colors?  Check!  Fun images?  Got it!  


The first project I created was the hot air balloon.  Why you ask?  I don't really know!  An idea popped into my head and I went with it!  


I used the largest Circle Stitched Shapes Framelit and the smallest Square Stitched Shape Framelits to create the actual balloon.   


The basket was decorated with a piece of Crumb Cake Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper.  The piece I used looked like it had tiny bubbles all over it.  I created several die cuts using the Under The Sea Framelits and a combination of Tranquil Textures DSP,  Fresh Fig/Night of Navy/Crumb Cake/Whisper White Card Stock.  The edges of the sand dollar were sponged with CrumbCake Ink.  


Don't let the pictures fool you!  This little cutie barely measures 5-1/2" tall!

Next up was the card.  I know right away what I wanted to create.   You see years ago when my family went on a cruise- we had a picture taken of our kids. While on board the ship there was an assortment of picture frames.  Most of them were basic frames but one stood out in particular.  It was a porthole.  I always thought it was a fun way to display the kids picture from the cruise.  


To create the porthole I began by using the Layering Circles Collection Framelits.  I used the largest circle to create the base.  The porthole opening was created using the 4th smallest circle and the 6th smallest circle.  The Touches of Texture Stamp Set was used to create the "rust" on the frame.  The porthole frame was distressed using both Cajun Craze ink and Crumb Cake ink.  


I hope you have enjoyed my projects for today!  

Please use the links below to follow around on the hop with us!  We have LOTS of gorgeous creations to share!

Thanks for stopping by!











6 comments:

  1. Dani, These designs are absolutely beautiful. So clever. I am definitely going to case some of these. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porthole is gorgeous with all the splatter. Very nice projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the porthole is my favorite!

      Delete